If you are a dreamer, come in,
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!

- Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends

Monday, March 2, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Nothing clever to rant about today, just snow...glorious, sparkly snow. Other than a few dustings, I have not experienced an authentic snow fall in over a decade. When we moved from South East Tennessee towards the northern regions of North Carolina, one of my deepest wishes was for a real winter. To my great disappointment, my new friends informed me early on that our city seems to always get bypassed by any winter precipitation. But today, my new home state did not disappoint! When we headed off to bed, fingers crossed for a blizzard, the biggest flakes I have ever seen covered our evening sky. By morning, the sun's reflection off of the 6 inches of breath taking snow glittered the ground.

Although my little man has seen snow fall, and even seen a few light dustings; he has never played in enough snow to build a snowman (oops, snow"girl"- little man is obsessed with girls right now), make snow angels, or have a snowball fight. Today was filled with the best kind of firsts; we finally got our "real" winter! The eight-year-old in me could not be happier, or stop looking out the window to confirm it is still there!

No comments:

Post a Comment